Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Outtings With A Baby



I thought I was an awful packer and then I met my little girl. And things got so much worse..

WOW. Who would have thought a day trip would require so many things! This weekend we are going to Calacali because a cousin of Pedro’s is going to be here from China and the whole family is getting together so we are going to take Em who will be just about 7 weeks old.

And I’ve already started planning and packing. Good thing she doesn’t need formula because that would be overkill.

Diapers and wipes and clothes and blankets and burp rags.

I don’t even want to think about when we are going to stay the night somewhere. She’ll need a place to sleep, stroller and baby carrier, toys etc

Before I returned to Ecuador after visiting my parents I remember my sister telling me “Gone are the days you can just leave the house”. While that is not entirely true because when we decide we want to go to the store we just go. No extra clothes or diapers and she sits comfortably in her wrap,  but there is A LOT of truth to it as well.

And I do miss just telling Pedro, let’s go do this and going. No extra planning of how Em will handle it or if Em can handle it at all. We just went without thinking.

And it sucks and honestly I think it is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment