Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Breastfeeding VS. Formula Part I: Breastmilk Benefits

Formula is so common now that it seems like sometimes there is no reason to breastfeed. Worrying about supply and being away from your baby do add to fact many people don't bother to breastfeed. But we, I think, are forgetting about the benefits.

Im going to list a few here that made me decide breastfeeding was best.

1. It's natural. We may not know everything that goes into it but we do know there isn't anything artificial

2. Antibodies: More antibodies = better chance of not getting sick. And I didn't ever want to see my baby sick. Especially not after those first few days. (Read here, here, here, and here)

3. Bonding I do not think this is just limited to breastfeeding but I think its easier to do. With formula (bottles) its a lot easier to delegate it off(this is not so bad) to someone else and when old enough to prob the bottle or just give it to the child.

4. Cheaper (money wise): Realistically formula was just not an option we could afford

5. Convenience: No bottles or water or formula to remember just a lift of the shirt!

Those are the five reasons I choose to breastfeed before I even had a baby but there are so many more benefits. Here are a couple of links...

1. Benefits of Breastfeeding

2. How Breastfeeding benefits You and Your Baby

3. Why Breastfeeding Is Important

4. Why Breast Is Best

Number 4 is a link to MANY pages that state different benefits.

But like I stated before breastfeeding isn't all roses and sometimes the drawbacks outweigh the benefits.. especially when formula feeding has its own benefits.

Check out Part II Formula benefits

1 comments:

Breastfeeding VS. Formula Part II: Formula Benefits | Emilynn's First Year said...

[…] Part III of this series. Or return to Part I of this […]

Post a Comment