Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Breastfeeding VS. Formula Part II: Formula Benefits

Now I can't say I really thought there was more benefits while I was pregnant I did come to see them while breastfeeding.

1. A Break: Oh how I wanted someone else to feed her just once! I wanted more than 3-4 hours of sleep. I could have managed it with pumping and giving a bottle but I didn't want nipple confusion.

2. A Different Kind Of Convenience: I was always worried about supply and being with my baby all the time. Formula can be given by anyone. No worrying about supply and demand either.

3. Public Displays: Im shy. I can't help it so breastfeeding in public is very off putting for me. (Don't mind seeing it but I hate having to do it!) With a bottle there is no pulling up your shirt in a public place

4. Opinions on Weaning: God everyone has a idea about when you have to stop. Some say when baby has teeth. Others age one. And some who say until baby wants to. Let people make their own decisions! Formula you stop at one year. (People do, however, have opinions on when to stop giving a bottle)

5.Eating/Drinking whatever whenever: alcohol for one and all the foods doctors say you shouldn't eat. Broccoli beans dairy eggs etc.

These are the reasons I thought about using formula but I never did. But as much as people talk about the benefits of breastfeeding I thought these should be said as well.

See Part III of this series. Or return to Part I of this series.

2 comments:

Breastfeeding VS. Formula Part III: What to do? | Emilynn's First Year said...

[…] to Part IV of this series. Or return to Part II of this […]

Breastfeeding VS. Formula Part I: Breastmilk Benefits | Emilynn's First Year said...

[…] out Part II Formula […]

Post a Comment