Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Food Allergies, What Causes Them?

I refuse to believe starting solids early causes food allergies.

It is a lie.

Kids who are started on solids early (before 6 months) may develop food allergies. BUT so may those who started on time.  My mom started all four of her kids and two grandchildren who she is now raising before 4 months of age. We were all formula feed after 3 months.

So formula, no. Early solids, no.

The truth is no one has any idea what causes food allergies... or allergies in general really.

Except I think they do.

Today, out of no where really, I was hoping/praying Em didn't ever develop food allergies. I have a small allergy to some sort of pollen that blooms in the states during the autumn months but I've never really figured out what it was. My husband has an allergy to dust, still a little one. Nothing major. Neither one of us have food allergies. Thank GOD.

I actually don't know anyone who has a food allergy. Or at least not one that is fatal.

But my nephews are no longer allowed to take peanut butter sandwiches, cookies, etc. to school. WHY?

Peanut allergies are not only common but are the food allergy most often fatal. What the hell happened? I never knew anyone with a peanut allergy. Actually I still don't but I don't hang around with a lot of kids from this generation, who apparently have so many allergies. Like 1 in 17 I read.. What is going on with kids these days?

I'm not going to pretend I know more than the medical community... however I don't have any stocks/interest in it either so here's my two cents...

I think vaccines contribute to allergies.

I will not say cause because I was vaccinated, as were my brothers and sister, and we don't have allergies. None of us.

But I think it has something to do with it and I can't be convinced otherwise.

Because I have internet on my phone (bad idea for a new mom!) I decided I would look up to see if anyone else saw this connection. And I found way too many articles with the same idea. I found out information like...

In 1980 there were 20 vaccines before the age of 12. In 1990 there was 40. Now? 68. Peanut allergies doubled between the 80s and the 90s and now? They are out of control.

Why?

Apparently peanut oil, protein, or something is used in vaccines to help them create better immunity. And this is causing a backlash that most people who study the subject think is not only awful but that the medical community knew was going to happen.

Look up Tim O'shea. Look up Serum Sickness. Look up the words Vaccines and Allergies in google. Read the articles. They are ridiculous. And not to mention scary.

I'm noone. I'm not a doctor. I'm not a nurse. I'm not a pharmacist. I've never even seen a life threatening case of food allergies.

I'm someone who can ask questions and put two and two together to get four. Not ten. Not one hundred and seven. But four.

And I came up with vaccines.

They may not be the sole cause but I think, like I think about SIDS, there must be some factor, something in the child's genes that makes them susceptible and then putting all those chemicals in them before their body has even adjusted to the world, causes a reaction.

But, call me a crazy new mom. My husband usually does : ) But I worry.

It honestly could be a million things. Our crazy society that doesn't let kids play outside because of germs, where doctors tell us that we shouldn't have pets because they are dirty, where shoes must be removed before going inside.

And that's probably a factor too.

But vaccines are still worth investigating, I'd say...

0 comments:

Post a Comment